----------------------------------- Sfinx 13.7.2007, 21:34 Muzica speciala - OMU ----------------------------------- "When the MAN sings the whole being rejoices" Why this name? OMU means "the man" and is one of the oldest words in the romanian language. It has many deep meanings and it is connected with the famous syllable "OM" (AUM) from eastern traditions. Your influences? OMU's music is actually representative for the oldest romanian music (which is probably the oldest european music, if not from the all past civilizations; it is known - from different scientific studies (see, for example, the search and writings of Marija Gimbutas and of Cambrige University on this subject) - that the roots of the human civilization itself seem to irump in the space that presently is called Romania, aproximately 15000 years ago). OMU is the promotor of those old and magical musical themes, bringing them new levels of expression. Equipment used: Steinberg Cubase System|4, Native Instruments Absynth, Reaktor, Kontakt, Battery, USB UltraFocus, Waldorf Attack, Virus KC, Neumann TLM103, AKG C1000s, various traditional romanian instruments (fluier, caval, drimba etc.) sursa: Miorita Miorita is an essential motif in the romanian tradition, and here it is presented in a whole new form. The main idea behind it is that the death is a transition to something beyond and superior to this world, and it is seen as a cosmic celebration. tell-a-friend   add to my.SoundClick   vote: hot flop     album:Glasul Stramosilor (The Voice Of The Ancestors)     Electronica : Electronica play lo-filo-fi  play hi-fihi-fi Serpe-n Dunare-l suier An old romanian Christmas song. There are some schulzian influences in there. tell-a-friend   add to my.SoundClick   vote: hot flop     album:Glasul Stramosilor (The Voice Of The Ancestors)     Electronica : Electronica play lo-filo-fi  play hi-fihi-fi Colinda junelui (The Young Man's Song) Inspired from another old romanian Christmas song. tell-a-friend   add to my.SoundClick   vote: hot flop     album:Glasul Stramosilor (The Voice Of The Ancestors)     Electronica : Ambient play lo-filo-fi  play hi-fihi-fi Pasarea Maiastra (The Magic Bird) Synthesizer improvisation with a romanian flavour inspired by the famous Brancusi's sculpture having the same name. tell-a-friend   add to my.SoundClick   vote: hot flop     album:Glasul Stramosilor (The Voice Of The Ancestors)     Electronica : Electronica play lo-filo-fi  play hi-fihi-fi Glasul Stramosilor (The Voice of The Ancestors) Another piece inspired from an old romanian Christmas song. This one is somehow representative for the musical